YOUTH TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERSHIP COURSE (YTLC)
The National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS), as the apex human capacity building Institutions in Nigeria, with proven track record of performance in research, consultancy and training. NIPSS have partnered with Princeton Leadership Forum (PLF), to deliver a two weeks Youth Transformational Leadership Course (YTLC), for Nigeria youths.
The Objectives of the Course
The objectives of the course session though not limited are as follows;
1. To establish a mechanism for training and sourcing of leadership among youth with potential to inform policy and action.
2. To continuously nurture a culture of leadership-based decision making
3. To inspire and shape ongoing and future leaders and research to target specific policy-relevant knowledge gaps.
4. To sustain the mechanism for continues training of youth in leadership and sharing policy-relevant research with selected participants in Nigeria.
5. To ensure adequate youth leadership training, fair leadership distribution and increasing leadership support and mentorship.
6. To introduce a form of formative assessment of life skills including behavioral change and time management.
7. To adopt a comprehensive multi – sectoral approach to dealing with inequalities affecting leadership.
Target Audience and Participants
Course participants will be young people between the age of 25years and 40years, drawn from a diversity of stakeholders across Nigeria. Example;
a) Representatives from relevant government ministries/agencies and Youth organizations.
b) Private sector organizations
c) Political parties
d) Research organizations (National and International) Development/donor agencies.
e) Civil society and Non-Profit Organizations
f) Development think tanks
COURSE FEE AND PAYMENT
The couse fee is three hundred and fifty thousand Naira only (N350,000) and will paid by remita in the designated account of the National Institute (NIPSS).
NOTE: This cost covers course materials & feeding. All participants shall take responsibility for their accommodation.